Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Apr17 - Tongue in Chic (Rexona Shower Fresh)

I remember how Tongue in Chic started off in me...Keat Seong. He knows how muchhhh i love contests & fashion. So one day he saw a banner flea market organised by TIC. And from there on, it got me hooked. Not the fashion, but what it can offer me.


So one day, I saw in TIC's website that Rexona was organising a ChicPop Shower Fresh by Rexona contest, by sending in your "freshest" picture. The best I could come up with was my Aviva finishing picture with the caption "After 6hrs 45mins, with Rexona, I can be as fresh as I can be". Or something like tat.


Then one day, I got an email that I was a finalist & was invited to their Rexona Shower Fresh get-together at Chi Fitness, along with 2 girlfriends. That morning, I was with Hsing Ling & Julie for a photoshoot at Bukit Cahaya, so I invited them along for a girl's day out.

Chi Fitness's new branch was located at PJ Trade Centre, Damansara Perdana. It's a new building which the concept of untiled cement as floors, metal grilled as stairs & unpainted bricks as walls. To my opinion, it was fresh. We were given goodie bags with merchandise from Sunsilk, Rexona etc. Pretty good start.

In the invite, we were told to bring towels, extra change of clothing, face wash & a lock. We explored the place abit. The Locker room was huge with 2 red cloth changing area, a row of showers, a sauna, bathroom etc.

This is the basin. Kewl concept. Which is hot & cold? Well, the hot tapes are wrapped around with thin ropes to keep those ichy fingers from touching it. Same goes with the shower, which is not the conventional indoor/inside building gym. It overlooks the garden, where glasses are tinted, of course. Totally Chii athmosphere. Oh, shower heads are the rainforest type, which we usually see at 5stars hotels.

The itinerary for today was to have fun. Ground floor was the spinning room (cycling) & locker room. Check!

Level 1 : Sweat It out. This was where the gym equipment was located. The dumbbells and etc. Don't quite know how to name each of them. Pretty small area though.

This was also the floor where we learnt pole dancing by VivaVertical (http://vivavertical.com/). I had previously went for a few pole dancing trials but never actually learnt it properly. So I'm pretty much ok with the basic. Plus it does help with a dancing background (like from age 5 - 15) I'm ohhh so rusted now.

One of the dance routing was to bend back. I thought I was low enuff, but guess not.

Side splits were my worst coz I had never actually mastered a properly straight side split. Give me the left leg anytime.

Anyway, I left the class with a good experience & sore arms and thighs.

Level 2 : Freshen up was there the makeup & styling session were.

Relaxing over the pool with non-stop snacks & drinks.
Thankfully the weather was pleasant.

At the same time, I went about playing with my camera.

Also on Level 3, we found a treasure corner. Do-It-Yourself eg. face scrub, face mask and bath salts. All using the stuff you can easily find at supermarkets.







Self styling by LahLahLand was nice. These stylist had all sorts of clothing & accessories where they would recommend what would look "unique" to u. Well, they do have their own quirky style.

This is a good example. They placed Julie in white polka dot pants. I cannot image wearing this out in public.

Well, after we collected self-made items, we showered up & went for makeup. Looonnng queue.

dunno why I look so old. I did ask for smokey eyes, but a little too much on the eyeliner.

Below is the outcome for the girls

Posh Julie

VaVaVoom Hsing Ling

Chic JennJenn

The girls

Camwhoring at the locker room before leaving. Had to rub off some makeup coz too thick



2 comments:

LynnG said...

wow!! :)

Jenn Jenn said...

unexpected comment..hahaha...next time i bring u & Chin Chin along :p