Thursday, February 11, 2010

Feb6 - Putrajaya Night Marathon 2010

Malaysia's first official Night marathon. i said official is coz i'm sure other runners would have already ran at nite unofficially.

Thanks to Kelvin for helping me collect my bibs. The running vest was ultimately plain, just B&W and no brand. The weirdest thing was the disposable timing chip (w/o deposit).

Putrajaya is famous for its architecture & heat.
Everyone prayed for rain which only donated 5mins worth.


I like running at nite so I was kinda looking forward to it. Kinda underestimated it though. It's not the weather nor the endless water supply I'm complaining but of the route I think.
We were early with Ming & San
42km - 8pm starting time whilst 21km at 830pm


There's no turning back once u start wearing tri tops.

The milo which i never got to taste. I was too early for it to arrive & too late for it to stay.

Wonderful to see frens before I went on my big journey of 42km


Great to see familiar faces during my run...something new in the running scene...rollerbladers helping out with the traffic control.

Daniel (TBB) was with me for 5km just keeping me company, and I'm glad to say I didn't even walk during the uphill.

When cycling in Putrajaya, it's nice rolling hills but when running, my pelvics will go first. Also the fact that i didn't train long distance. I wasn't tired, just painful. Practically dragging my feet.


The last 3km from the mosque back to the finish line was just plain mental. No supporters, no traffic ppl etc. Deadtown at the finish line at 1am.

Thank godness I still had frens who stuck around to cheer me on.

Lucky runner

42km Finisher Shirt

Finisher Medal..smaller size than the others

16th Place for Top 25 Malaysian Women entitling me RM300 but i picked the Women Open instead.

14th Place for Women Open category awarding me RM500


10km - 1.00.01
20km - 2.06.22 (1.06.21)
30km - 3.26.30 (1.20.08)
40km - 4.51.01 (1.24.30)
2km - 5.06.33 (18.31m)

No comments: