Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Aug22 - Bukit Tabur

Out of the blue, I received an email from Poong if I wanna climb Bukit Tabur. Having not climbed any bukit or gunung since KK in May, I was in for it. Even weirdest when I found out that it was Gloria asking for this outing. She dragged Glenn along for this trip.

Bukit Tabur is located at Taman Melawati. Like usual when I’m a passenger, I’m not quite concern about directions (I know I know, that’s a lie). What I meant was, sorry to say, I cannot tell u how to get there coz I have no idea.


Good weather that morning. The sun was barely up when we met for breakfast. Quite a number of ppl had started before us. There wasn’t a clear trail leading the way but being adventurous, we only know the way was up.


After a few “ups”, we realized that we were lost. There wasn’t an exact one summit. It was like camel humps, but more than 2. Poong was the only experience Tabur climber got a little worried as well coz we would come to a sign that says “this way back down”. The only proper signage that we saw was a school flag drawn on a white cloth.


After about 3hrs, I noticed the dark clouds over us. Hmm..not good. Trying to speed up the descent wasn’t easy with the loose rocks and unsure direction. In the end, the rain started to pour. Thankfully I brought my disposable raincoat, but Gloria, Glenn & Poong were drenched from top to bottom.



But seriously, we were really lost at some point. Felt endless. Suddenly came across a shack. That’s really freaky especially with rumors going around someone died there.

A sigh of relief when we got back to the car. I’m not sure if I wanna climb this again. We’ll see next time.

No comments: