Tuesday, May 25, 2010

May6 - Tooth Fairy


When I was young, I use to follow my mom to this dentist at PJ State. Alot of ppl, old doctors. As I grew older, my teeth was find, no requirement to visit dentist.

As the years gone by, many young dentist are out in the world, making money. With their methods of attracting customers. One doctor in particular caught my attention. Actually Keat Seong mentioned her. Dr Jean from ISmile, Damansara Uptown (http://www.ismile.com.my/). She puts on headphones for u so that you don't have to hear the drilling. But it's so difficult to make an appointment with her. After trying twice, I gave up. Then I found Whitezone Dental PJ state. Just a few shops down from the old dentist of my childhood.


1year ago, my dentist said that there's a hole in my right wisdom tooth. Though it doesn't hurt, but sooner or later it would as food & cavity would grow within it. She told me if I'm not ready, I can wait for the next check-up (6 months) to see the status of it.

6 months later
After finding out about the hole, I would frequently touch my tooth with my tongue. Checking out the hole. Still there. But somehow it seemed bigger? Thankfully it still doesn't hurt yet. My dentist confirmed that the hole had grown bigger. I asked her if it's advisable to pull it out now when it doesn't hurt or later when the cavities gets to my gums? Dumb question isn't it. Just finding an escape route. U all know the answer. I wasn't mentally prepare to have my tooth yanked out from me that day.

2 days after that
The stress caught me. I took 1/2 day off, made an appointment with the dentist for an extraction. I lied down as they put their sunnies over my eyes (for the spotlight shinning down at me). I didn't know how wide I should open my mouth. She dabbed gauze on certain spots of my inner mouth & gum. After few minutes, poked it abit asked if i felt anything. I think it was to make the areas where she was gonna jab numb.

I felt a slight twitch as the needle went it. Better than being jab on the arms/butt. Another few more minutes, my right jaw was numb. Then I was ready for the yanking. She took some sort of pliers, started wiggling the tooth around on the left side, after a few unsuccessful wiggle, she turn my head towards the right, then wiggle somemore. Next thing I knew, it was out. I didn't even feel it come out. Though I could start tasting blood.

That was it. Gauze in my mouth for oozing blood. I thought that when we bite the gauze, its putting pressure to stop the blood. Too bad to say, by end of the day, it was still bleeding coz my gums were too sensitive against the pressure. Anyway, partial of my wisdom went out with the tooth (blek). And now, being paranoid, I feel a hole on the left wisdom tooth. NO!!!




No comments: