Monday, August 10, 2009

July19 - Century Ride 2009 (Day1)

I was going back & forth in my brains to decide if I should go for this. 160km woh…dun play play ah. The max I’ve actually done was only about 90-100km. After a few days worth of shower sessions, I made up my mind (showering makes me think better : )





Keat Seong & I decided to travel on our own rather than convoy since his mini car was only a 1.1 compared to the other Ferraris. For me, going back to hometown woh….embarrassing to get lost.


We met up with the others to collect our riding items eg. bike sticker, freebies. U Mobile was a big sponsor coz they gave out a lot of stuff such as cap, flask and even prepaid card. I find it funny that a supermarket was also a major sponsor for this event. The bike jersey & cycling shorts had the words “Pasaraya Ku”.

After that, we adjourned for something cold to eat. Along the way, we heard someone shouted “lenglui!!” and Michelle walked towards him =D we were all shaking our heads. Actually, she knows him. So ok lah…acceptable but just plain funny


We located the Crazy Ice Cream, which I remembered coming to during my childhood. Also paiseh abit when the patrons inside looking at us posing outside the shop. Seriously tourist lah…signboard also wanna take picture. But then the title is so fitting for us.


That night, we all had Ipoh’s favourite cuisine : Chicken Rice with Taugeh hahahha… really. Nearly 15-18 of us took up 3 tables, with plates of chicken, taugeh & bowls of juicy beef & fish balls.


- end of day 1-

pics courtesy from Frank, Michelle, Keat Seong & myself :p





No comments: